Thursday, March 4, 2010

Engagement Party: Before & After

As Erika mentioned, we are both getting married this year. It is all very exciting- the planning, the gifts, the late nights curling up with my fiancé, Ian. However, with each party, comes endless snapping of pictures. Translation: Angle arm & tilt head, try to look as thin as possible.

A few weeks ago, my Dad held an engagement party for us. (see Jen’s posting of Martini Points). As I zipped up my little black dress, I felt that all of my hard work had finally paid off. I felt great!



Until… I was scrolling down through the pictures and found this:


Now there is a lot going on in this picture: Ian is about to fall asleep on the couch, Ian’s Mom looks lovely and is wearing Chanel shoes, Ian’s Dad has fallen off his chair thanks to the Martini Bar, the dog is walking around and wait- what is that thing in white off to the right? Dear LORD- it is my stomach. Though I am clearly horrified, this was the best reminder that my work is not done. I cannot sit back and enjoy caviar (as I did last weekend with champagne & crème fraiche).

So this week, I am focusing on tracking and planning my meals. It isn’t easy, but when I feel my resolve start to weaken, I take a glance at my new screen saver entitled “Stomach in White.”

1 comment:

  1. I thought it a shame that no one had commented on this brilliant post, TDV. Love it. And what's with that picture? Is THAT what was happening while I was at the martini bar?!

    ReplyDelete